Position: Product Manager Business Unit(s): Europe Department: Product Management Reporting to: Head of Marketing & Product Strategy Summary: For an assigned set of investment strategies, the Product Manager has responsibility for product management, including fund positioning, product development, and product marketing. This is a highly visible role that relies on strong analytical skills. The successful candidate will be a positive and creative thinker with excellent oral and written communication skills. This position is based in Frankfurt and works closely with others in Product & Marketing, Sales, Legal, and Portfolio Management as well as with external service providers.
VanEck is a global asset manager which offers both passive and active investment products. A large part of the business is in Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s). The firm has offices worldwide including its headquarters in New York and offices in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Sydney, Zurich, Singapore and Shanghai.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Conduct quantitative analysis (e.g., tracking error, performance contribution,
revenue breakdown, market share insight, sensitivity analysis, and Sharpe ratio),
leveraging Bloomberg and Morningstar Direct
• Propose and design new product ideas based on ongoing market assessments
and by analyzing available quantitative data
• Project manage fund development/launch efforts and other special projects
• Advise Marketing in the development and implementation of marketing campaigns
• Respond to RFP and DDQ requests and client questions
• Provide timely and accurately update marketing collateral, website information,
regulatory documents, and DDQs
• Interact with clients on social media
• Champion assigned product set internally and externally by proactively delivering
insightful communications and commercial arguments
• Present the products during webinars or during client calls
• Review and monitor product related data in public databases and on online
What we offer:
• Competitive Pay: Enjoy a rewarding compensation package.
• Growth Opportunities: Develop your skills and advance your career.
• Diversity & Inclusion: Join a respectful and diverse workplace.
• Team Collaboration: Work with a team of dynamic team players in the Frankfurt
• International company: Collaborate internationally with US and European
• Excellent quantitative, analytical, and writing skills
• Passion for investing and finance
• Rigor and a natural sense for delivering high-quality end results
• Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimum supervision, meet ambitious
deadlines, and achieve superior results
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, clients and service providers
Experience / Qualifications:
• Degree in Economics, (Mathematical) Finance, or Engineering, with good
• CFA (candidate) would be a plus
• Excellent command of English and German (native level preferred)
• Entry-level position, young professional, or professional level