NERA Research Officer - Energy, Environment, Communications & Infrastructure - Berlin/ Frankfurt
NERA Economic Consulting (www.nera.com) is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economic, finance, and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For half a century, NERA’s economists have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony, and policy recommendations for government authorities and the world’s leading law firms and corporations. We bring academic rigor, objectivity, and real-world industry experience to bear on issues arising from competition, regulation, public policy, strategy, finance, and litigation.
NERA’s clients value our ability to apply and communicate state-of-the-art approaches clearly and convincingly, our commitment to deliver unbiased findings, and our reputation for quality and independence. Our clients rely on the integrity and skills of our unparalleled team of economists and other experts backed by the resources and reliability of one of the world’s largest economic consultancies. With its main office in New York City, NERA serves clients from more than 25 offices across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Some examples of our mandates in the Energy, Environment, Communications and Infrastructure (EECI) practice in Germany include:
i) the creation and critical assessment of economic expert reports in high-stakes litigation and arbitration procedures (relating to e.g. Germany's nuclear exit, major infrastructure investments),
ii) economic and strategic advice to energy and transport companies and investors on support schemes and auctions for renewable energy, e-mobility and hydrogen and
iii) economic and financial assessments of risks and opportunities as well as efficient financing costs and structures for major energy and infrastructure investments.
Economic Consulting lies at the exciting interface between scientific work, economic expertise and customer-oriented consulting. For our expanding offices in Berlin and Frankfurt, we offer interesting, versatile and challenging tasks and the opportunity to apply academic economics to real-world business challenges. We offer a full-time position and competitive remuneration as Research Officer or Economic Analyst, depending on previous experience. Our growing offices in Berlin and Frankfurt benefit from the company's global resources, a close collaboration with our offices in London, Paris, and Madrid, as well as opportunities for cooperation with Oliver Wyman.
We offer great opportunities for professional development, so that you can take on responsibility for your own career with the help of your colleagues, and we put emphasis on a good work life balance. There may be some travel with occasional business trips for client meetings. From day one, you will be supported by a personal mentor and an extensive training curriculum.
- Active co-creation of studies, appraisals and presentations, from conception to execution of economic analyses up to the documentation and presentation of results
- Research and analysis of company, industry and market data, using, amongst others, statistical tools
- Quantitative research applying your economic knowledge gained at university
- Close collaboration with colleagues and clients as well as clear communication of complex economic issues, including actively participating in team and client meetings.
- Very good university degree (Master, PhD) in economics, economics with finance, or a similar discipline
- Interest in economic topics, especially of microeconomic nature. Energy economic knowledge is helpful but not required
- Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, precise and solution-oriented way of working as well as the ability to quickly become acquainted with unknown issues
- Enjoy analytical and quantitative work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English, other languages would be an advantage
- High degree of reliability, motivation, a sense of responsibility, and the ability to work in a team
- Prior experience in applied economic research is desirable (but not compulsory), e.g. through internships or work experience with international organisations, economic research institutes, consulting firms or banks
To apply, please submit your full academic CV, transcripts, cover letter and a writing sample directly to this posting: https://careers.marshmclennan.com/global/en/job/R_180474/NERA-Research-Officer-Energy-Environment-Communications-Infrastructure-Berlin-Frankfurt
For more information about NERA, please visit our website (http://www.nera.com).
For more information on the employment opportunities at NERA please contact Emma Cairns, Senior Recruitment Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art des Abschlusses
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- 2 - 3 Jahre Berufserfahrung
- 61.000€ bis 70.000€ pro Jahr
- MS Excel
- Wirtschaftliche Kenntnisse
- Volkswirtschaft (allgemein)