We are one of the world’s leading economic consulting firms. We strive to recruit and develop talented people to work together to produce meaningful economic analysis of exceptional quality, and to create a positive impact on our clients and society.
Our EMEA Energy team is spread over several European offices and has over 20 team members specialising in the economics of the energy sector including electricity, gas, emissions trading and renewables. We are mainly active in Europe and the Middle East, and have worked on projects in more than 25 countries in the last year.
Our extensive expertise in the European energy market ranges from market design & regulatory issues, strategy development and market modelling to comprehensive expert work in civil and antitrust / competition proceedings. We are involved in a broad spectrum of matters to include development of renewable energy, climate change, liberalization of the power and gas industries, investment decisions and due diligence, storage, electric vehicles and smart grids.
About the Role
We are looking for an Intern to start as soon as possible. Interns join us whilst in their final year of Bachelor or Master’s degree for 3 to 6 months. Please indicate in your cover letter when you would be available to start your internship and your preferred duration.
You will be working within the energy team both on the modelling capability and on policy and regulation issues. As such, your daily work will be to support the team in developing/improving models, and in analysing the impacts of energy/environment regulation in a variety of European countries.
You will be based in either Berlin, Brussels, Dusseldorf, London, Madrid, Milan or Paris and work closely with other consultants and experts located across our European offices.
Skills and Profile Sought:
- Currently undertaking final year of Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Economics, Physics, Math or Engineering
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Fluency in English and German is required, other languages are a plus
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Previous internship experience in the energy sector is desirable.
Benefits of working at Compass Lexecon:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A wide variety of interesting and challenging projects
- An international team with a broad range of backgrounds and experience
- A blend of professional and academic environments
- A steep learning curve, coupled with a supportive and collaborative team
- Consideration for a permanent position post internship.
Please apply online with your CV and Cover Letter.
Compass Lexecon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.