Frankfurt Analyst Job Description – November 2022
About Harris Williams
Harris Williams is an investment bank specializing in M&A advisory services, representing sellers and
buyers of companies worldwide. The firm is focused on providing sell-side and acquisition advisory
services to leading private equity groups, as well as many Fortune 500 and privately held companies.
Harris Williams’ approximately 500 employees operate out of six U.S. offices in Richmond, San
Francisco, Boston, Cleveland, Minneapolis, and Washington, D.C., as well as our European advisory
practices in London and Frankfurt. Harris Williams is a subsidiary of The PNC Financial Services Group,
Inc. (NYSE:PNC). For more information please visit our website at:
www.harriswilliams.com. MEMBER FINRA/SIPC.
Harris Williams is currently seeking an Analyst to join the firm’s Industrials industry group in Frankfurt
office. In addition to a solid academic track record, the ideal candidate will possess well-developed
written and oral communication skills, as well as a strong knowledge of finance and accounting.
Applicants should also demonstrate a genuine desire to learn and join a dynamic and entrepreneurial
company and be challenged on a daily basis.
Analysts at Harris Williams are an integral part of the firm’s activities and are encouraged to handle a
high level of responsibility on transaction teams, including interacting with clients. Analysts are expected
to be active contributors during each phase of the pitching and deal process and key non-transactional
committee work. Analysts are primarily responsible for developing valuation models and analyses, for
compiling research for multiple industries, and researching both private and public companies.
Additionally, Analysts assist in writing and preparing presentation materials and are expected to actively
participate in client meetings.
Harris Williams fosters an inclusive culture through hiring quality people who are committed, tenacious,
smart and principled – dedicated to achieving the right results for our clients, the right way. We are
committed to building a unique firm by valuing and developing talent and deepening relationships with
our clients. Harris Williams looks for Analysts with the following attributes:
• Positive attitude
• Committed worth ethic
• Intellectual curiosity and passion for live deal experience
• Collaborative working style
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Quantitative and analytical abilities
• Creative and strategic thinking skills
• Resilience under pressure
Eligible candidates should possess a 2:1 or equivalent from a top academic institution and prior
experience in investment banking or a related analytical role. No specific academic major is required;
however, knowledge of finance and accounting is desired. An Analyst candidate should be extremely
proficient in conversational and written German and English, be exceptionally detail oriented, have the
ability to work well with others under pressure, and possess a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
Salary is competitive with industry standards.
• Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and
attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
• Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and
processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business;
ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
• Creativity – Knowledge of the approaches, tools, and techniques for promoting creative, original
thinking and ability to apply it to a variety of business situations.
• Customer Experience Management. – Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure
that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at
every touch point.
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – Ability to design, implement and execute CRM
business processes and associated applications.
• Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and
techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and
needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
• Leadership – Knowledge of, and ability to use strategies and skills to enlist others in setting,
embracing and achieving objectives.
• Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects,
groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
• Taking Ownership – Knowledge of the current situation or issue at hand, and the ability to take
full personal responsibility or ownership for assignments, activities, decisions and results.
• Teamwork – Understanding of the necessity and value of teamwork; ability to work effectively as
part of a team.
Roles at this level are filled by recent university / college graduates with little or no professional
experience, but who possess relevant skills or internship experience.
• 2:1 or equivalent from a top academic institution
• Strong written and oral German and English communication skills
• Prior experience in M&A or related analytical role
• Sector experience in Industrials preferred, but not essential
• Knowledge of finance and accounting
- Alle Studiengänge
Art des Abschlusses
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)